Quotes:

Monday, May 24, 2010

Bible Tip

Ok, so here it is the very first WordofTruth blog Bible Tip!!!

Did you know that every scripture in the bible is linked together or connected in the Spirit? Well it is! Just like the internet connecting links from one website to another, the scriptures in the bible are connected to each other!

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life." -John 6:63

Some times you will often see a scripture from the bible quoted by itself. It is a very important meaningful scripture, but there is always a much deeper meaning than what we see at first glance. When we learn how to prayerfully look at the references associated with that scripture then we will be able to grow in a deeper way with God!

"Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spirit unto you, I will make known my words unto you." -Proverbs 1:23

Here is a good example of two different scriptures that can work together to make a strong and meaningful point.:

"And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." -Jeremiah 29:13 ...and:
" 6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." -Hebrews 11:6

Do you see how both of these scriptures are linked? They are both encouraging us to look for God? He promises to reward us when we do! The reward is finding God!