Quotes:

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Judgement of God

The following article is a true story that is an experience I had personally. It is too important for me to keep to myself. I believe it serves as a warning to the church today.

There was a small church that I was attending a couple of years ago. There was a bible study group in that church for everyone above the age of 30 that I was apart of. There was this man in his late 50's,...we'll call him "Todd"(not his real name.) Well Todd had some problems. He had a serious history of drug abuse, and a lot of medical issues. He was what most "normal" groups would consider to be the "least" of the "lower", and many people in church avoided him. There was a church counseling program that Todd went to. And his mentor was an elder of the church. We'll call him "Hank". (Also not his real name.) Well Todd was born with Asthma, and one day he got pneumonia on top of it. He ended up in the Hospital coughing up blood and in real trouble. He was dying. I decided to call him to check on him. He told me from his hospital bed that no one in the church came to visit him. I decided that was important for me to do. Also I called Hank the church elder to tell him that Todd was dying in the hospital and no one visited him from the church. Well Hank the elder replied, "some of them just fall through the cracks." That's right! I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I couldn't understand how this high ranking church leader could be so cold. I visited Todd in the hospital, and he cried because I was the only one in a week to visit from the church which was his only spiritual family. That following evening I attended a mens group to recruit people who would visit Todd with me. Much to my shock and disbelief the leader who was somebody other than the elder,(call him Bob) said to me in a hateful tone, "We're not going to visit you in the hospital, we have too many other important things to do." I left that group that evening in disbelief of the hypocrisy I had witnessed. That leader(Bob) and some other guys there repented by the next day and went with me to visit Todd.

Well, Todd recovered enough to get out of the hospital. He didn't recover completely, just enough to get out. He still had an oxygen tank with him and so forth.

And the elder,...well the elder Hank died within a year of that incident!

I found it real interesting to see that these two men, Todd and Hank switched places completely.

I quit going to that church.

" 41Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal." -Matthew 25:41-46