Quotes:

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Prophets of God ?

Many people like to put titles on their name. There are those who call them selves; Reverend, Pastor, Father, Bishop, Apostle, Prophet, prophetess, and so on. Even though the bible says,

"But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master, even Christ; and all ye are brethren." -Matthew 23:8
"And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven." -Matthew 23:9 

In fact that whole chapter 23 of Matthew is a good read!  I wish people would read it. And I wonder why it is that no one listens?  I wonder why it is, that none of these exalted religious leaders never really take Gods Word seriously?  At least not enough to humble their selves! They like to make excuses saying that our culture understands things in a different way than what Gods Word says!

If they read this post they would laugh at it, and say that this is a small thing. ...But there it is in plain writing in Gods Word! It is NOT a small thing!

There is a point I am getting to. And it is one that especially deals with Prophets and prophecy.  Notice that there are a lot of people labeling them selves with this title. They have their nose pointed up above everyone else's. And they like to exalt their selves above the rest. Now, let me make it clear that I am not knocking prophecy at all. Many Christians have prophesied including myself. But I have never declared myself a "Prophet."  I think it is dangerous to have these labels. People can get puffed up in their head too much. Besides, what good is a prophecy when God isn't in it?

I know some churches that like to teach their congregations to prophecy. And so they practice it. But it rarely is a true prophecy from the Spirit of God. I've heard prophecies that were negative, hateful, like a curse. And this is in the churches? They will prophecy diseases on people! It is garbage. All so they can falsely make their selves feel like they are powerful and controlling! I am telling you, a lot of it is nothing but flesh and witchcraft!

The way to discern if a prophecy is truly from God is this:  1) It will line up with what the Holy Word of God says about you, or about anything. If you don't know what Gods word says, then you should read it more.  2)  A true prophecy from God is spoken in Love!  3) A true prophecy from God is for your encouragement to build you up in Christ, or it is a warning telling you to repent!

This is NOT a small matter!

So many people want these spiritual gifts. And that is fine. But we get into a hazard when we are seeking the gifts instead of seeking the giver of those gifts!  People are giving in to false prophets by taking this lightly.

"22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." -Matthew 7:22,23